|There are several factors to take into consideration when calculating your loss of rental income claim. The policy’s coverage language provides a general statement that they will coverage your loss of business income, but it provides little guidance beyond this. It takes an experienced forensic accountant to properly prepare a loss of income claim for submission. Below is a helpful list of some things to consider when calculating your lost rental income claim.|
- What type of units are now off line? Are these units the most popular floorplan?
- Where are they located on the property?
- What is the seasonality of the property?
- Has management or marketing strategies recently changed?
- How long are the units going to be down for?
- Has there been any recent improvements to the property?
- Has there been a recent increase in rents? Or another significant changes to the property or to the management?
SKIPTON claims management specializes in representing apartment owners and managers. We have handled hundreds of claims on multifamily communities and recovered millions of dollars for our clients. If you have a loss to your community, it pays to hire SKIPTON claims management.